Last updated: May 24, 2018
Effective: May 25, 2018
- Personal and other information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we may share your information with third parties
- Your choices regarding the personal information we collect about you
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
When you use our Services, we collect Personal Information. By “Personal Information” we mean information that can identify an individual, such as:
Personal or business addresses
Social Security numbers
Government-issued identification numbers
Credit card information (which you submit for payment purposes)
Information contained in any image, photograph or profile you choose to submit to us.
In particular, we collect the following additional types of Personal Information from you:
As person responsible for billing on the account:
- Company Name
- Business Address
- Phone number
- Credit card information (for payment)
For non-billing person
- Email address
You may always choose not to provide Personal Information, but this may prevent you from receiving certain Services.
We also collect non-Personal Information, that is, information that does not personally identify an individual. The non-Personal Information we collect includes how you interact with the Services, information generally collected or “logged” by Internet websites or Internet services when accessed or used by users, and information about your web browser or device accessing or using the Services.
Examples of the non-Personal Information we collect are:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP address)
- Information about your operating system and browser, such as its maker or version
- The pages of our website that you viewed during a visit
- What information, content or advertisements you view, hover over or click on
- The referring web page
- Language preferences
- The city and state in which you are located (but not your precise geographic location)
- Unique Identifiers, meaning arbitrary codes or series of characters we create to identify unique users without Personal Information.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Assist us in providing the Services
- Set up accounts
- Improve online operations
- Process transactions (credit card or other payment account information will only be used for this purpose)
- Provide customer service
- Provide you with newsletters, RSS feeds, and/or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive
- Send account- or transaction-related communications, such as welcome letters or notifications
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services
- Manage our systems
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except as described below. We also will not sell or disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have explicitly and affirmatively granted us permission to do so. We will disclose Personal Information to provide the Services, which will be apparent when you use or access Services or when you authorize or instruct us to do so. We may also disclose Personal Information to companies, agents, contractors, service providers or others engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics).
We may also share your Personal Information with our customers, such as when you purchase a subscription to their content or services or you sign up or participate in one of their contests or otherwise submit your Personal Information to them. We will not, however, share your credit card information with them. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company relating to Viddler.com, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation or receivership of our business. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Lastly, we may also disclose non-Personal Information, anonymously aggregated with information about our other users, to our clients, business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
5. COOKIES AND AUTOMATIC INFORMATION GATHERING TECHNOLOGIES
Every time you access our Services, or one of its web pages, we collect Non-Personal Information (discussed above in Section 2). To assist the Services in collecting and storing Non-Personal Information, we may a variety of technologies, including “Cookies,” local browser storage and “Web Beacons.” A “Cookie” is a small amount of data a website may store in your web browser that it can access when you visit it. A cookie also refers to web-browser-based storage provided by Adobe’s Flash plugin (a “Flash Cookie”). Cookies may contain user preferences, unique identifiers and other non-Personal Information. A “Web Beacon” is a small, usually-transparent image placed on a web page that allows us or our partners to collect non-Personal Information.
6. TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
When you use our Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request, in either case if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, if you need assistance accessing or changing your Personal Information, or if you would like to have your Personal Information deleted. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use the Services. Also, even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to be processed. Also, even if you opt of marketing emails, we may continue to send you certain account-related emails, such as notices about your account and confirmations of transactions you have requested.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 13 years of age. We do not authorize users under 13 years of age to use the Services. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a person under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
We utilize reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. For example, we utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology when sensitive data is transmitted over the Internet, and use firewalls to help prevent external access into our network. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
We restrict access to Personal Information to our employees, contractors, service providers and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California Customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed.
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with California’s privacy law by e-mailing email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
10. EU – US PRIVACY SHIELD AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
We comply with the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We certified that we adhere to the relevant Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website.
We are also subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The Federal Trade Commission may be contacted at the following address:
Federal Trade Commission
Attn: Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20580
11. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects European Union data subjects’ right to privacy and the protection of personal data. Viddler will comply with the GDPR when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018.
You consent to the purposes for which we process your Personal Information by visiting our Websites or communicating with us and, if we have other lawful grounds to do so, we may process your Personal Information.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will have a right to withdraw consent to processing, where consent is the basis of processing.
- For the Personal Information we collect on our Websites, this means you may withdraw your consent to processing by leaving our Websites, suspend your account if you have registered on our Websites, and requesting that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us as directed below.
- You will have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold and how to process it, under certain conditions.
- You will have a right to demand rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you.
- You will have the right to object to unlawful data processing under certain conditions.
- You will have the right to erasure of past data about you (your “right to be forgotten”) under certain conditions.
- You will have the right to demand that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your Personal Information is inaccurate.
- You will have a right to data portability of Personal Information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, subject to certain conditions.
- The Personal Information we collect on our Websites is not used for automated decision making and profiling, except for automated processes in the context of marketing.
- You will have a right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority in your country.
Our representative in the EU for the purposes of compliance with the GDPR is EPS, which may be contacted at:
Centro de Negocios Rozas Nova
Castillo de Fuensaldaña 4, Oficina 129
28232, Las Rozas – Madrid Spain
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
To learn more about your specific rights under the GDPR you can visit the European Commission’s page on Protection of Personal Data.
Cross-border Personal Information Transfers
12. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Please note that the Services may link or be integrated with third party sites, services or apps. We are not responsible for the privacy or security policies or practices or the content of such third parties. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy and security policies and terms of service of those third parties so that you understand how those websites collect, use, share and protect your information.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
520 Evans St
Bethlehem, PA 18015 USA